PRIVACY AND COOKIE STATEMENT
This is the Privacy and Cookie Statement of Hotel Casa Amsterdam. (« Hotel Casa »), a private limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands, registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 52374491. Hotel Casa has its registered office at Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4, 1097 BC Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Purposes for the processing of your personal data
The information will be held in our computer and filing systems. Hotel Casa processes your personal data with the utmost care, using only the data we need, for the following purposes:
- To tailor and improve our services and match your requirements;
- To prevent, detect and control fraud and money laundering;
- To process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- To keep you informed of our services, changes in our services and other services which may be of interest to you;
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with any services provided to you;
- To technically and functionally manage, analyse and improve this website;
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Please note that the personal data you provide via this website may be processed outside the Netherlands and by countries outside of the European Economic Area (« EEA« ). It is important to be aware of the fact that legislation applicable to collection and storage of personal data may differ according to the jurisdiction of the country where it is being processed. For example, our servers or one of our service providers might be located in a country outside the EEA and therefore it will not have the same data protection laws, such as EEA national privacy legislation. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected in accordance with the provisions of the European Privacy Directive 95/46/EC.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. This enables the site to recognize your computer each time you visit. We call these text files ‘cookies’. A cookie is sent by a web server to a web browser that enables the server to collect information back from the browser.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Technical Cookies
Technical cookies are strictly necessary for this website www.hotelcasa.com to work properly. This information is used to technically facilitate the navigation and use of this website. Technical cookies are used to remember your entries in a form or (after you’ve logged in at your casa profile/booked a room. Technical cookies cannot be deactivated.
These cookies may store your browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to this website, such as the operating.
- User preference cookies
Functional cookies may be used to store personal settings, such as language, or to remember these settings for next visits if so requested.
- Performance- and tracking cookies
This website also uses analytics cookies placed by Google to measure the number of visits and the parts of the website that are the most popular among our website visitors as well as for benchmarking purposes. This information is used to provide aggregated and statistical information on the use of this website and is used to improve the contents of this website to provide you with the best possible online experience.
- Third-party/social media cookies
This website contains cookies from third-party websites, mainly social media cookies. When placed on your computer, they automatically activate handy extras, for example, a Facebook ‘like’ button or a Twitter messaging option. These cookies inform our website whether you are logged into such social media and they also enable you to share parts of this website on social media. When visiting this website, Hotel Casa will ask for your consent to use these cookies.
Do you object to cookies?
Cookies generally process your IP-address but they do not save your personal information like e-mail address or phone number. If you do not want to have cookies stored on your computer or want to remove cookies that have already been stored, you can arrange this via your browser settings.
Access by third parties
Hotel Casa observes a strict duty of confidentiality about your personal information. Hotel Casa does not share, sell, rent, lend or disclose any of the personal data you provide to us with any third party, other than with our direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates within the Hotel Casa Group, without your consent , unless for example:
- We must do so by law because we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- There is a duty to the public to pass on the information;
- The interests of Hotel Casa require disclosure, for instance in order to recover money owed to us, to enforce or apply our agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Hotel Casa group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection; or;
- With the ongoing growth of the Hotel Casa group, some of our businesses may be bought or sold. In this event, personal information would be transferred in order that the purchaser could continue to provide ongoing service to the affected customers.
Furthermore, Hotel Casa may instruct third parties, located inside and outside of the European Economic Area, to perform services on our behalf with respect to the processing of your personal data based on an Agreement. Your personal data is provided subject to agreements which state that the service providers must keep such information confidential, that the data is not to be used for its own purposes and that all information will be used in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, including strict provisions in the light of data security. We do not sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Hotel Casa has taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, alteration and/or destruction. These include installing a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems, using secure servers as well as ensuring that the personal data are stored in a physically secure location. Your personal data are dealt with in strict confidence. Although we exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your equipment and our systems, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet. If we become aware of any data security breach which results in unauthorized access or loss of your personal data, we will endeavour to inform you, except when this would undermine the related investigation into the cause and/or perpetrator of the data security breach or when refraining from informing you is necessary in order to protect our vital business interests.
Third-party websites and social media
Questions and complaints
Last update: September 6, 2022