Thank you for choosing Hotel Casa Amsterdam!
With the impact of the spread of COVID-19 we are keen to inform you in detail on the measures we have taken in our hotel. We understand and share your concern on corona, after all the wellbeing of our guests is of the utmost importance.
Current situation in the Netherlands
The management team of Hotel Casa is constantly monitoring any new developments in relation to the virus and we follow the advice of GGD (Municipal Health Services) and RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) in the Netherlands. More information can be found on the website of the RIVM.
General operational measures
Apart from Hotel Casa following all recommendations of the above stated institutions, specific operational measures have been taken as follows:
To maintain a 1,5 metres distance between both guests and employees, walking lines and waiting spots are marked in all public areas.
At the moment of arrival, we are obligated to ask our guests five health related questions. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to host guests that either are not willing to answer or do not pass all five questions.
Disinfectant hand gels (sprays) have been made available throughout the building in all public areas and restrooms (and are replenished constantly).
Only 2 people are allowed in the elevator.
Signage emphasizing the importance of hygiene and encouraging diligent and frequent use of disinfectant sprays are spread in all guest and employee contact areas throughout the hotel.
Posters, guest messaging on our reception desk as well as guest letters are distributed throughout the hotel requesting anyone with health concerns or doubts to report them as such so that we can immediately connect them with our dedicated local tourist GP.
Mandatory hygienic instructions have been shared with all personnel following the RIVM instructions (wash hands with water and soap frequently, cough in inside arm/elbow only, use paper towels and refrain from shaking hands).
Staff reporting ill or returning from holidays in affected areas are interviewed to perform a risk assessment and are not invited back to work until absence of risk has been confirmed by medical staff.
Protocols have been put in place in case any virus cases are reported within the hotel. Any guest or employee in the building with doubts of having caught the virus will be interviewed by our (trained) Managers on Duty to identify a potential relation to the virus (cough, fever, respiratory complaints). Our Managers on Duty have clear instructions to put any such person in direct contact with GGD services (Municipal Health Services) who would come to the property to perform an assessment of the virus being present. Our Crisis (Management) Team will be alerted immediately in any such case and all our teams will follow exact instructions of GGD services in terms of isolation or quarantine should any such measures be recommended.
A quarantine room has been appointed and is kept available as a preventative measure until needed.
Employees who have the option to work from home are asked to stay home as much as possible.
Extra information for…
- We upscaled our all hygienic measures throughout the hotel, including housekeeping after every stay.
- We kindly yet urgently ask all hotel guests to check in and check out online, in order to avoid direct contact as much as possible. You will receive information about online check in through email days before your stay.
- We expect all our guests to wear a face mask if it’s not possible to maintain 1,5 metres distance in Casa, while being present in public areas throughout the hotel.
- Plastic protection screens are put in place above our reception desk to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Restaurant EAST is currently open between 08:00-23:00. The coffee bar is accessible form 08:00 until 16:00 hours.
Please watch this video if you would like to know more about the check in process with regards to the safety measures we have taken.
- Our roof terrace GAPP is open! You can make a reservation between 12:00-23:00.
- Restaurant EAST is currently open between 08:00-23:00.
- The coffee bar is accessible from 8:00 until 16:00 hours.
- 1,5 metres distance between everyone should at all times be respected.
- Guests are asked to wear face masks while walking in all public areas in the hotel when it’s not possible to maintain 1,5 metres distance in Casa.
- Takeaway can be ordered online and picked up at our restaurant, while we make sure all safety measures and a 1,5 metres distance are kept in place.
Please watch this video if you would like to know more about your visit to restaurant EAST with regards to our safety measures.
…Meeting and Events Guests
- We are happy to welcome guests and host meetings, with the possibility of catering.
- There is no maximum number guests for our meeting and events facilities, if the 1,5 metres distance can be maintained.
- We prepared meeting room setups that maintain the 1,5 metres distance regulation.
- Meeting hosts will be asked to share our health and safety measures with all participants at the start of their meetings.
Please watch this video if you would like to know more about organizing meeting & events at Casa with regards to our safety measures
Bookings & cancellations
In these difficult times we understand plans might change. Please get in contact with our reservations team, to see how we can help you with your booking: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or more information
We hope to have informed you sufficiently for now. Should you need any further information, have concerns or suggestions please do let us know through email@example.com or +31 20 665 1171. The management team carries out a brief on corona daily to constantly adjust our measures according to the recommendations of the health organizations.
Apart from the above, we hope you and your family stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you again!
On a positive note…
Although a pandemic is never fun or pleasant, they still say “never waste a good crisis”. During a crisis, we often become resourceful, and we see opportunities that we otherwise miss. That’s why we would like to share some positive takeaways that these quite unusual times have given us.
How great would it be to get some work done without being disturbed by your kids, your flat mates or a renovation at the neighbours? That’s what voordethuiswerkers.nl must have thought. We have set up a partnership for all you workaholics without a quite place to work. One of our creative meeting rooms is your office for the day!
If you are forced to close your restaurants, just be creative! Our amazing staff has managed to setup offering a takeaway service within the blink of an eye. Quite delicious, if you want to enjoy our dishes at home…
Travelling abroad to exotic destinations might be a bit risky in these uncertain times. However locals still want to explore and relax. Possibly in your own hometown, but also to another city if you don’t live in the capital. Staying close to home is trending! That’s why you can book an Autumn package on our website. Spoiler: it contains either free rental bikes or parking your car for free! Click here for bookings.
Healthcare professionals are on the front line in the fight against COVID-19. They’re often required to travel far from home and work long hours in harm’s way. It’s our duty to do what we can to help them and their families. Unfortunately, there were lots of empty hotel rooms – but these were exactly the beds that can offer some small comfort to those affected by the pandemic. Hotels for Helpers is an industry-wide initiative to provide people in need with hotel accommodation we participated in during the spring time to help those in need. Sympathetic right?
In the 63 years of our existence it has only happened one time before… Students that live in Casa during the summer! It might seem a bit ironic for a hotel that is primarily home to 360 students during the academic year. Normally our summer period is the moment when we generate revenue in order to maintain providing affordable student housing throughout the academic year. However, this year was different. And special. And we didn’t have to miss our beloved students!