Thank you for choosing Hotel Casa Amsterdam!
With the impact of the spread of COVID-19 so present in the travel and events industry we are keen to inform you in a bit more detail on the preventative measures we are taking in the hotel. We understand and share your concern on corona, after all the wellbeing of our guests is of the utmost importance.
Current situation in the Netherlands
The management team of Hotel Casa is constantly and closely monitoring any new developments in relation to the virus and we follow the advice of GGD (Municipal Health Services) and RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) in the Netherlands. More information can be found on https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/questions-and-answers.
General operational measures
Apart from Hotel Casa following exactly all recommendations of the above stated institutions, specific operational measures have been taken as follows:
To maintain a 1,5 metres distance between both guests and employees, walking lines and waiting spots are marked in all public areas.
At the moment of arrival, we are obligated to ask our guests five health related questions. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to host guests that either are not willing to answer or do not pass all five questions.
Disinfectant hand gels (sprays) have been made available throughout the building in all public areas and restrooms (and are replenished constantly).
Only two people are allowed in one elevator at all times.
Signage emphasizing the importance of hygiene and encouraging diligent and frequent use of disinfectant sprays are spread in all guest and employee contact areas throughout the hotel.
Posters, guest messaging on our reception desk as well as guest letters are distributed throughout the hotel requesting anyone with health concerns or doubts to report them as such so that we can immediately connect them with our dedicated local tourist GP.
Mandatory hygienic instructions have been shared with all personnel following the RIVM instructions (wash hands with water and soap frequently, cough in inside arm/elbow only, use paper towels and refrain from shaking hands).
Staff reporting ill or returning from holidays in affected areas are interviewed to perform a risk assessment and are not invited back to work until absence of risk has been confirmed by medical staff.
Protocols have been put in place in case any virus cases are reported within the hotel. Any guest or employee in the building with doubts of having caught the virus will be interviewed by our (trained) Managers on Duty to identify a potential relation to the virus (cough, fever, respiratory complaints). Our Managers on Duty have clear instructions to put any such person in direct contact with GGD services (Municipal Health Services) who would come to the property to perform an assessment of the virus being present. Our Crisis (Management) Team will be alerted immediately in any such case and all our teams will follow exact instructions of GGD services in terms of isolation or quarantine should any such measures be recommended.
A quarantine room has been appointed and is kept available as a preventative measure until needed.
Employees who have the option to work from home are asked to stay home as much as possible.
Extra information for…
- We upscaled our all hygienic measures throughout the hotel, including housekeeping after every stay.
- We kindly yet urgently ask all hotel guests to check in and check out online, in order to avoid direct contact as much as possible. You will receive information about online check in through email days before your stay.
- Plastic protection screens are put in place above our reception desk to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- You are more than welcome to have breakfast, lunch or dinner in either our restaurant EAST or at rooftop terrace GAPP. Please note that you will need a reservation to do so. More information on paying a visit to either EAST or GAPP can be found on this page in the next section.
Please watch this video if you would like to know more about the check in process with regards to the safety measures we have taken.
- Restaurant EAST and roof terrace GAPP are open again for hotel guests as well as for non-resident guests.
- There is no longer a maximum number of guests in EAST as well as on GAPP, as long as we maintain the 1,5 metres distance between every group.
- We are not allowed to host groups of more than 4 people.
- Both hotel guests and non-resident guests are obligated to make a reservation before visiting our restaurants. Reservations can be made through our websites east-amsterdam.nl, gapp-amsterdam.nl or eventually at the reception.
- Takeaway can be ordered online and picked up at our restaurant, while we make sure all safety measures and a 1,5 metres distance are kept in place.
- We are required to ask for your name and contact information upon arrival to register for source and contact investigation by the Public Health Services in the event of an infection. In case guests are not willing to provide their contact information for such use, we unfortunately cannot grant them access to the venue.
Please watch this video if you would like to know more about your visit to restaurant EAST or roof terrace GAPP with regards to our safety measures.
…Meeting and Events Guests
- There is no longer a maximum number of guests for our meeting and events facilities, as long as we maintain the 1,5 metres distance.
- We prepared meeting room setups that maintain the 1,5 metres distance regulation.
- Meeting hosts will be asked to share our health and safety measures with all participants at the start of their meetings.
- We will only offer contactless catering. This means we cannot offer buffet catering. Separately packed lunch or dinner meals are available for each participant.
Please watch this video if you would like to know more about organizing meeting & events at Casa with regards to our safety measures.
Bookings & cancellations
In these difficult times we understand your plans might have changed. Please get in contact with our reservations team, to see how we can help you with your booking: email@example.com.
Questions or more information
We hope to have informed you sufficiently for now. Should you need any further information, have concerns or suggestions please do let us know through firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 20 665 1171. The management team carries out a brief on corona daily to constantly adjust our measures according to the recommendations of the health organizations.
Apart from the above, we hope you and your family stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you again!
On a positive note…
Although a pandemic is never fun or pleasant, they still say “never waste a good crisis”. During a crisis, we often become resourceful, and we see opportunities that we otherwise miss. That’s why we would like to share some positive takeaways that these quite unusual times have given us.
How great would it be to get some work done without being disturbed by your kids your flat mates or a renovation at the neighbours? That’s what voordethuiswerkers.nl must have thought. We have set up a partnership for all you workaholics without a quite place to work. One of our creative meeting rooms is your office for the day!
If you are forced to close your restaurants, just be creative! Our amazing staff has managed to setup offering a takeaway service within the blink of an eye. Quite delicious, if you want to enjoy our dishes at home…
Travelling abroad to exotic destinations might be a bit risky in these uncertain times. However locals still want to explore and relax. Possibly in your own hometown, but also to another city if you don’t live in the capital. Staying close to home is trending! That’s why you can book a Staycation package on our website. Spoiler: it contains a beer tasting at our rooftop… Click here for bookings.
Healthcare professionals are on the front line in the fight against COVID-19. They’re often required to travel far from home and work long hours in harm’s way. It’s our duty to do what we can to help them and their families. Unfortunately, there are lots of empty hotel rooms right now – but these are exactly the beds that can offer some small comfort to those affected by the pandemic. Hotels for Helpers is an industry-wide initiative to provide people in need with hotel accommodation at a maximum of €25 per night. Sympathetic right?
Not only hospitality venues, but also beer breweries were preparing for the summers of summers. Lots of festivities, parties and of course the terraces season. But what if that all melts like snow in the sun? Brewers are selling their beer directly to consumers through inventive initiatives. We encourage this, and we made a blog about it and covered it on our socials. Because, without the brewers we’re simply lost!
In the 63 years of our existence it has only happened one time before… Students that live in Casa during the summer! It might seem a bit ironic for a hotel that is primarily home to 360 students during the academic year. Normally our summer period is the moment when we generate revenue in order to maintain providing affordable student housing throughout the academic year. However, this year is different. And special. And we don’t have to miss our beloved students!